Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Rain in Jeddah, a blessing of Almighty Allah





After almost a year, the rain came rushing, with thunder, lightening and showers of joy!! As a necessary treat, the schools of Jeddah had been ordered to close for a day. The late morning walk on the street in front of our building proved to be a dream walk. The cupful of gale and the dark clouds on the northern horizon announced the arrival of much anticipated rain.



I took a leap or two to the nearby park, and was mesmerized by the beautiful combination of such a romantic weather and the lush ground of the park, palm trees swaying as if in ecstasy. Soon it started to drizzle. For a moment the whole scenario transformed into a sort of paradise. The cool breeze created a kind of melody moving jollily through the canopy of the dancing palms.



Here and there a few families emerged and seemed to enjoy the pleasant change in the weather. The kids frolicked and frisked in the wind. My heart overflowed with such a joy, I wished I were a child and would have had a chance to run wild, bare footed. The scent of the craving soil when finally soaked with water enraptured my olfactory sense for a moment. It was a scene all drenched with sensual pleasure. The zephyr kissed my cheeks as the little droplets patted my shoulders.



The "romance" intensified with the wild music of rolling thunder, and the flashing streaks of lightening appeared to be never-ending snapshots of the moment. I wallowed in the mistiness of that moment and tried to lose myself into that momentary oblivion. Soon after the heavens poured down the blessing and washed away all that was dirty and mean. I relished myself to the brim, till I quenched my thirst for the rain.



Indeed it was one of the most memorable experiences of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Rain indeed is a blessing of God...and in Jeddah, it is a rarity.

    ReplyDelete